The Ada Music Boosters are pleased to announce the SCRIP rewards program! By participating in the program, you are earning credits for your music student AND benefitting the Ada music programs!
What is the SCRIP program?
The Ada Music Boosters SCRIP program allows you to support the Ada music programs by spending your money on things you buy every day! SCRIP, simply put is: “Substitute Money.” When you purchase SCRIP, you’re purchasing prepaid gift cards that are used just like cash. You can use SCRIP to purchase everyday expenses like food, clothing, gasoline and other essentials. And, with every purchase you earn revenue for our organization. Hundreds of area retailers participate in this program, which means that just about anything that you normally would buy, can help us help your kids! SCRIP is “shopping cart fundraising” SCRIP is a popular fundraiser because families don’t have to sell anything. Organization members produce revenue by making regular household purchases they would make anyway. Watch a brief video about the program or check out this promotional flyer.
How does the program work?
Information about the program can be found at https://www.shopwithscrip.com/. Participating in the program involves 5 easy steps…
1. Sign up. Complete the SCRIP enrollment form online (online forms must be printed and signed). Be sure to use the Enrollment Code for the Ada Music Boosters: C7AC5A9214721. A completed form must be on file before orders will be placed. Return your completed form to:
320 W. Buckeye
Ada, OH 45810
If you plan to place orders online, you must create an account.
2. Browse cards and make selection. SCRIP cards are available for over 700 of the most popular brands! Browse the inventory and make your selection(s). You may also place your order with the Ada Music Boosters SCRIP coordinator, Hilary Dalton. When ordering online, most cards provide these options:
- Physical – a physical gift card
- SCRIP now – electronic gift card that can be printed and used in stores or used online
- Reload – adds funds to gift cards you’ve already purchased through ShopWithScrip
You may log in before or after making selections. If you need help, view this example.
3. Place an order. After making your selection(s), complete the information part of the order form. You will see Ada Music Boosters SCRIP as your Non-Profit when placing orders. Once you have placed your order, print the confirmation page and return that slip along with payment (made payable to Ada Music Boosters) in full to Hilary Dalton. You may also use the “PrestoPay” feature by signing up on the Shop With SCRIP web site. This will automatically deduct your payment from your checking account. There is a $0.15 cent charge for each order you place using “PrestoPay”. Read about how easy it is to use “PrestoPay“.
4. Pick up order. Orders are to be placed on Monday evenings and should be available for pickup that Thursday.
5. Use your gift card(s)!
Here is an example that illustrates how a family could participate in the program:
Mrs. Smith needs some gardening supplies, so she buys a $100 The Home Depot® gift card for $100 through her son’s school scrip fundraiser. Cha-ching! She just earned $4 for the school because The Home Depot gift cards are available from Great Lakes Scrip Center at 4% less than face value. When Mrs. Smith checks out at The Home Depot, she pays with her The Home Depot gift card instead of using a credit or debit card! She will do the same thing when she needs cleaning supplies at Target®, and earn $2.50 just by using a $100 Target GiftCard to pay for her purchases.
We are looking forward to making this a very profitable program for everyone. Thank you in advance for your support.
Hilary Dalton, SCRIP Coordinator